[Owasp-board] Proposal to Update the Membership Revocation Policy

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu Feb 20 23:21:43 UTC 2014

Yes, that's what I had in mind, Josh.

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode
(808) 652-3805

On Feb 20, 2014, at 3:17 PM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

I'm open to thoughts on chapter meetings.  That's why I started the
discussion on the leaders list around it.  Sounds like pretty much everyone
supports being able to take action.  A it sits currently, the Membership
Revocation Policy actually allows a revoked member to attend meetings.  We
would need to both axe that and provide for the ability to ban their
presence there as well.  So, I think your proposal, if I understand
correctly is to remove "A revoked member IS permitted to attend OWASP
meetings as they are open and free by design." and replace it with
something more along the lines of "*A revoked member who has not shown full
compliance with the OWASP Code of Ethics during the period of revocation
may, at the discretion of the Chapter Leader(s), be asked not to attend
their Chapter events.*"  Is that what you're looking for?