[Owasp-board] Membership Policy and "Open"

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Feb 20 15:48:04 UTC 2014

In addition, the Chapter Leader Handbook (
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook/Chapter_7:_Organizing_Chapter_Meetings#Meeting_Venue)
says that "As long as the meeting is free and open and doesn't violate
other OWASP principals, a vendor's office space may be a great location to
hold a meeting."  I'm willing to be there is other material in there as
well that indicates that meetings should be open to all.

I'm not sure how I feel about this btw.  I completely understand the
context, but when your entire organization is founded on and preaches the
concept of being free and open to everyone, changing that is a pretty
significant change in direction, no matter what the catalyst is.

~josh