[Owasp-board] Replacement Text for OWASP Google Hacking Inquiry Wiki Page

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Feb 19 00:42:19 UTC 2014

Christian,

You are implicit in "parties" as you were involved in the Google Hacking
Inquiry and feel that you have been damaged.  Calling out one individual
party above all other parties equates to saying that you were damaged more
or should be treated different than the others in this situation.  I am not
prepared to make a determination as to who was damaged most and think that
calling you out individually trivializes all of the others who have also
been damaged here.  Also, as I have said, the desire is to eliminate the
Google Hacking Inquiry so that all parties involved may move on.  You have
said that this inquiry has been used against you in employment situations
and it is far less likely to impact you going forward if the reference to
you as an individual is removed as it would no longer be an applicable
search term.

While we may not agree on the use of your name in this paragraph, can we at
least agree that the text, as presented, is better than the text as it
exists today?

~josh