[Owasp-board] Public Statements, Personal Thoughts, The Voice of OWASP

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Feb 5 21:43:37 UTC 2014

I'm not sure I'd necessarily frame it as "crossing the line", but your
tweets regarding cancelling the RSA training were definitely regarded as
actions by "OWASP" and not "Eoin" in the media that covered it.  Not that
you should have to ask for permission to cancel a training, but when you're
doing it as an OWASP training, then the cancellation should have been an
OWASP message.  What if we had decided to fill your slot with another
trainer?  Much of the damage would have already been done.  I think that
the point that Michael is trying to make here is that we are viewed as the
OWASP Board and statements by one of us can certainly affect the others and
the Foundation.  Nobody is asking for you to seek permission, but rather,
to consider the consequences as they relate to more than just yourself.

~josh