[Owasp-board] Financial Planning & AppSecUSA 2015

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Mon Dec 15 22:35:01 UTC 2014

No problem at all - the purpose of being open is questions just like this!

Our appsec conferences are major fundraisers for the organization. However,
we don't want to fundraise and skimp on all expenses to the point where
people don't enjoy the event or return.

For budgetary purposes appsec conferences are provided with a target profit
goal. If they hit that goal then that is great for foundation fundraising
purposes. If it looks like the conference will be under that goal, then
it's time to scale back on some of the "extras". If all is going well then
purpose there's room to add an evening celebration or similar.

Does that help explain it?

--
Michael Coates
@_mwc