[Owasp-board] Additional Brand Abuse

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Fri Dec 5 18:18:09 UTC 2014

Josh,

What I suggest is that corporate/product-centric OWASP brand usage needs
to be approved of beforehand by the board, staff or brand committee (one
official structure, not all three). That would give us a chance to have
a "nice conversation" with folks before they use the brand as opposed to
having to have to police the brand.

Regardless of our resources, I feel the OWASP brand is abused to a great
degree and it dilutes what we are trying to accomplish. It's also a
violation of our non-commercial, vendor-neutral rules of play.

- Jim