[Owasp-board] Executive Director Report

Eoin Keary eoin.keary at owasp.org
Wed Apr 30 08:00:43 UTC 2014

Nice work....yay
Initial thoughts after skimming through the report this morning.

So credit cards for volunteers is madness. Volunteers have no contract of employment and nothing to adhere to. Credit cards for volunteers open the foundation up to significant unnecessary risk.

What also stands out to me is the chapter funds, allocation is 10 times project allocation. Is has grown by over 10% since last year. It's not being used quite obviously.

I don't see why we don't have a global referendum to seize dormant funds for the benefit of the foundation?

Travel expenses are pretty large. Do we need all staff at every appsec event? Staff spending their time selling tshirts or registration can be done more cheaper with local volunteers. This is a waste of recourses from a time and travel expenditure standpoint.

Suggestion; Volunteers/board members and staff should be allocated a budget per year for travel. Once exhausted it needs to be approved by ED + Board.

Is spending 000's on hotels and aeroplanes changing the face of software security or simply increasing OWASPs carbon footprint?

Eoin Keary
Owasp Global Board
+353 87 977 2988