[Owasp-board] Business Plan outline - project and consulting work

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Apr 29 01:47:54 UTC 2014

 > Q2. Do you have any reservations about a OWASP call for comment from
the community for additional ideas, suggestions or proposals on this
initiative?

+1 Yea the more smart eyeballs on this the better. The board is
comprised of elected show ponies who won popularity contests, the
leaders list has a greater net intelligence. Can we push this out to
leaders and see if anyone has the desire (and proper resume) to help
lead this?

My take is, this is serious open source funding. We could hire someone
to lead this project (hire tech resources, get deliverables done). It
will help seriously boost a few OWASP projects. I realize this is DHS
and that might be a sour to some of our community. But so long as
everything we do is open source, I'm pretty flexible about who funds it.
My 2 center

Regards,
- Jim