[Owasp-board] OWASP Top 10

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Sun Apr 13 20:34:00 UTC 2014

Cannot lurk on this any further.

Eoin, you're also asking Samantha to be the project police rather then a
project facilitator.

Given Josh's previous math on how little time Samantha actually has to help
projects that are and want to "do the right thing", the opportunity cost
[1] of having Samantha diverted from positive interactions with project
leaders seems far too high when you could simply have emailed the Top 10
list and ask the very same question.

Heck, I'd suspect that the perceived "power" of a board member's email will
trump that of a staff members regardless of their job description.

Key to good management of staff is to make sure you use their time for the
greatest benefit of OWASP.  Having Samantha asking a project leader for
information you suspect won't be forthcoming is simply setting her up for
failure.  You and I are both peers of Dave - simply talk directly with him
and the other leaders on the Top 10 mail list.  Do you really need Samantha
to do something you can so easily do yourself?  Especially when the answer
is pretty much already known and you're in a better position of power to
make such a request.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

--
-- Matt Tesauro