[Owasp-board] Owasp top 10

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu Apr 10 22:20:30 UTC 2014

I did indeed bring this up in the past but was largely outvoted by the
board. We were promised that the next version would be more "open". We
shall see.

Dennis, I know you are upset with me and continue to say things on the
leaders list that critiques my actions, and that is your prerogative and
I do not blame you. But I have *strongly* stood up for vendor neutrality
and "open" at all turns. I feel quite strongly that some of our flagship
projects are not flagship, and I have technical proof to back up my
claims. This is the RIGHT thing for me to be doing and I will continue
to do so.

Also, please note that I was promised a review of my projects in March
2013. The same project was on all of our project managers reports for a
year, and as of March 2014, 12 months later, the project had the same
status of "awaiting review". Although the way I went about this was all
wrong, the merit behind what I am saying is dead center right on. I will
continue to try to find constructive ways to communicate my concerns in
the future. But I refuse to tote the party line that all is well with
OWASP projects.

Cool?

Thanks Dennis,
Jim