[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] OWASP.next

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Apr 10 21:42:05 UTC 2014

Abbas,

One of the ideas that I (and I believe Tobias as well) championed when
running for the Board was the idea of bringing the power back to the
community.  I have raised this as an item to the Board with the hopes of
adding a sort of community referendum to the election later this year.  In
the meantime, you have seen several examples of polling the community for
input on various topics and we are working to bring you a new voting
platform that will allow even more of this type of community inquiry.  The
caveat is that people have to actually vote and, as is the case with the
latest poll, our "turnout" numbers have been relatively low.  Since the
community is made up of more than just leaders, you've seen Michael's
proposal to transition to a full community involvement model instead of
just having a leaders list and hopefully this will increase those poll
numbers even more.  In my opinion, the issues that you bring up are in
large part due to actions by the Board in the past and I do see the current
Board trying to address them.  Change won't happen overnight, but I do see
us moving in the right direction.  Hopefully you can stick around long
enough for us to right the ship.

~josh