[Owasp-board] New Membership Portal

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Thu Apr 10 01:13:26 UTC 2014

Yes - we are live and that is my fault for not better clarifying.

"The Portal" is the membernation landing page.  This is where people renew
their memberships and register for events.  This piece is  live and we are
moved to there from cvent (our contract with cvent ends tomorrow).

"The Community" is a link off of the portal.  This is the social media
(minimal) platform, groups, discussion, pollling that is in question.  We
wanted to try it out to see what people thought since there are many
different ways we can use it - open discussions (although you have to
login, anyone can login), closed/restricted groups like CFP/CFT review
teams, or membership.  This community feature can be turned off all
together if we decide there is no use/purpose for it.

I can work on a clarification statement to those that have logged in as
well as those that received login credentials (paid member) already.
 Certainly we want feedback and will need to make a decision after some
testing to see what people think.

Sarah

--
Executive Director