[Owasp-board] Ning

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Apr 8 01:45:21 UTC 2014

Michael,

I've kept an eye on the OWASP LinkedIn groups and I find the
conversations there to often be of low quality. It's basically "one
giant email list".

LinkedIn and Twitter are good places to broadcast news, but I do not see
them as the best social platforms. Facebook is decent, but again,
conversation quality is often low. Keep in mind that a significant
percentage of our security-minded community is often adverse to deep use
of social media.

Email lists are very low bar to entry and will always be important. I
personally think Google Groups is the best threaded-conversation tool,
but I realize China blocking Google is a problem.

My 2 cents,
Jim