[Owasp-board] Email list usage

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Tue Sep 24 22:42:32 UTC 2013

I'm not aware of it specifically called out. But straight advertising is
against our principles of "free and open" and also "Not driven by
commercial interests "

Lastly, it just not how we operate. I think it's find to let someone know
this isn't the right place for advertisments without needing to cite a
policy line.

One other point, I do see people have discussions about a space and what
products exist in that space. While it is talking about services of vendors
I consider this to be just fine (within reason of course).

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_The_Open_Web_Application_Security_Project#Principles

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc