[Owasp-board] Grant Spending and Funding Policy

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Oct 31 19:55:38 UTC 2013

Tobias,

There are definitely benefits, no doubt.  And you're right that it likely
increases your chances of selection as well.  My concerns are really
two-fold: 1) What liabilities do we, as a Foundation, take on by doing this
and 2) What is the perception by the project leader agreeing to this.
Personally, I'd like to think of this more like a contract where we spell
out what both parties get out of the deal rather than OWASP simply
dictating terms to a project leader.  Does that make sense?

~josh