[Owasp-board] Ciso project funding

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Thu Oct 10 20:09:53 UTC 2013

On 10 Oct 2013, at 12:24, Eoin Keary wrote:

> I disagree. What are the chapter funds doing for our mission? $270k or
> so?
> OWASP has benefited the banks more than appsec.

Disagree all you want. This is a matter of law in the USA. As a
registered non-profit - we are actually already required by law to spend
the money as earmarked by the donators. And not only must we do this we
must be able to demonstrate our compliance with the donators wishes.
Incidentally the IRS does audit for this regularly; and it is the
fastest way to loose your non-profit status.

For example: The DHS money is not available to spend as we like, no
matter how much we need it for anything else; it must be spent as the
DHS dictates, end of!

*** OWASP can not continue to "spend" money earmarked for other purposes
or we will be forced to stop trading! ***

Respectfully,

[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a
meeting](http://goo.gl/8sPIy).

     Unless someone like you...cares a whole awful lot...
     nothing is going to get better...It's not."
                                             -- The Lorax