[Owasp-board] Ciso project funding

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Thu Oct 10 18:57:05 UTC 2013

Hey Josh,

Austin has $13k, we should take it from there - they won't miss it!
I hope you can suddenly see a hundred issues with such a suggestion. :-)

The money is ear-marked for other purposes. We can not just go around
robbing Peter to pay Paul, further doing so only kicks the can down the
road, when the now earmarked money doesn't exist!

Additionally, OWASP as a charity has a legal requirement to spend the
funds according to the donators requirements. So if the donators gave to
the 'local chapter' we legally can not just use that money where we
*need* it like to "OWASP on the move."

That said, I am confident a solution will be found shortly.

On 10 Oct 2013, at 11:20, Josh Sokol wrote:

> Am I the only one who does a double take when I see over $58,000
> allocated
> to the "Local Chapter" for running the AppSec events?  Holy cow!  Take
> $5k
> from there.  They won't miss it!
>
> ~josh

[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a
meeting](http://goo.gl/8sPIy).

     Unless someone like you...cares a whole awful lot...
     nothing is going to get better...It's not."
                                             -- The Lorax