[Owasp-board] Ciso project funding

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Wed Oct 9 17:52:22 UTC 2013

Thanks Samantha. That makes sense to me.

So we have our answer to question 1.

Eoin, I'm interested in question #2. Can you give us your thinking on those
questions?

Thanks!

Michael

---

1. There is a discrepancy on funds for the project reboot. I'm unsure what
the final story is. Samantha is reporting 30k available and Eoin is
indicating something is not right and there was a vote on the wiki. We
should get to the bottom of this.

Eoin - can you sync with Sarah & Samantha to flush this out and let us know
the current state?

2. Based on the outcome of #1 we either have funds available in project
reboot or we don't. If we don't, the request is to find $5,000 in the
current budget to cover
travel costs for the CISO project leaders to go somewhere.

My questions are:
- Eoin : Do you have a proposed budget where we'll subtract the $5,000
from? Or do you have this money available somewhere else? Please just let
us know where the funds will come from.
- Eoin: Where are these people traveling to? AppSecUSA? How many people?
What's the purpose of travel? I agree the project is great. Just want to
know what the money is going towards.

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc