[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] (Projects Reboot 2012) Re: OWASP 2014 - Strategic Goals

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Wed Nov 13 10:58:09 UTC 2013

Hello Sarah,

With all due respect, I genuinely wish such a thing were possible. As I
have stated before, Eoin has many great qualities about him. I
personally supported him in getting project reboot started, and his
willingness to take action where others did not has led to many positive
changes in the community.

However, why would I ever choose to pick up a phone and call somebody
who is so abusive to others?

Eoin is so abusive that you personally had to draft an Anti-Harassment
Policy specifically because of his behavior toward you and your staff
(to say nothing of the volunteers). Eoin also consistently does not give
credit where credit is due; he claims successes for himself. He does not
take responsibility for his actions when things go wrong, rather he
blames others.

Those maybe great business skills, but OWASP marches to a different
ethical drum. And since all of you agree with me in private, I know you
that you know what I am saying is accurate. And why is that? It is
because you have the same experiences!

I just want Eoin to give credit where credit is due, and stop behaving
poorly to others; two things I believe his consistent patterns of
behavior seem to indicate he is incapable of doing.

Therefore, I fully stand by my statement that a board level position
requires a much higher standard of behavior than Eoin currently
exhibits. Eoin can be a tremendous asset to the community, and I feel
that he should continue to do so as a volunteer.

This is my final public email on the subject, I suggest we all speak
face to face at AppSec.

Dennis

P.S. Attached email - Evidentially, Eoin disagree's with me and claims
he can spend OWASP foundation money however he chooses, and I rebut.