[Owasp-board] OWASP Board Meetings - scheduling of calls for next year - could you please include Asia timezones in consideration

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Fri Nov 8 23:26:01 UTC 2013

I agree with Jim and Tom,
and see no problem with remote participation. Am working all the time
with remote teams and once you have met people face-2-face, doing the
actual work remotely goes very smoothly.

Regarding meeting tools: I also agree with Tom to keep this simple: a
room, a telephone and skype / hangout should do the trick. (in my
corporate life, I sometimes worked with CISCO web presence rooms, which
have a nice feel, but are really extremely expensive. So I think we
should make it work with our free tools, skype, hangout, phone, etc.

See you in NY.

Cheers, Tobias

Ps.: btw. I also agree with Martin's point that more important part that
the board meet in person is that we stay connected with the community
around us. In Josh's case, I have no doubt about that with so many
chapter visits. Btw. give my best regards to Fazli and the Malaysia
chapter there, they have an amazing community there as I could
experience during my last guest talk there 3 months ago.