[Owasp-board] OWASP Board Meetings - scheduling of calls for next year - could you please include Asia timezones in consideration

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri Nov 8 22:08:19 UTC 2013

I agree.  Which is why I've been to Hungary and Costa Rica and plan on
visiting Malaysia next year for work.  Also, I count myself fortunate in
that a good chunk of our community is right here in Texas between the
Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio OWASP Chapters and I've been able
to attend 3 of the past 5 AppSec USA conferences having the privilege of
meeting yourself and many other members of our more global community.  And
while you're absolutely right that, from a meeting perspective, you are
able to do much more in person than you can teleconferencing, we also need
to be conscious of the fact that this is still a volunteer role, and while
our servitude for OWASP will come and go, our family is there for life.
When running for the board, I committed to a certain level of involvement
and stand by that, but there will be times when other priorities will have
to win out over a trip here or there.  You have some people on the Board
who can make these trips because they work for companies where it directly
benefits them to do so.  For me, that is not the case.  I serve on the
Board because of my passion for what this organization means and my desire
to better it.  But sometimes that means that work or family are less
supportive of running off for a week for which they don't directly benefit
from.

~josh