[Owasp-board] What %

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Sun Nov 3 18:01:33 UTC 2013

It is indeed a useful measure. (e.g. I use it for philanthropic
decisions myself, too.)

Though I have the feeling it is potentially a little less critical for
us compared to other charities, as donation/sponsor decision makers in
our community are less CSR / philanthropists and may donate more because
our goals are aligned with their company goals. And the line between
administrative activity and activity to support the community's goals
might be a bit more blurry in our case (compared to e.g. sending food
and medical supplies into disaster zones).

Nonetheless it is very very important to make the best use of donated
funds for the charitable cause and constantly keep an eye on overheads.
So we should take a good look at this metric in the board.
Whether the community cares enough about this to do an open-mic, I don't
know.

Cheers, Tobias