[Owasp-board] BrightTalk - OWASP partnership

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Thu Jun 20 17:06:00 UTC 2013

Eoin and other Board Members -

Kelly and I had a call with Katrina and Fabian at BrightTalk and below are
the details of what we discussed.

Notes

   - "Gated" means that registration is required (free, but must provide
   name, email, company, location, and a few other demographic details) and
   "ungated" means no registration is required.
   - Also neither option is intended as an exlusive avenue for posting or
   doing OWASP content - it would just be another avenue for us to push out
   content or hold webinars/talks.

*PLEASE REVIEW AND PROVIDE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS as well as your
thoughts on going forward with one of the below options.*

*Option 1: Gated/OWASP Channel*
*
*
For this partnership we would offer a co-owned BrightTALK channel to OWASP.
This would allow you to freely schedule your webinars and videos into your
channel, either as live or on-demand content.

The channel requires registration (at no charge), and everyone who views or
registers for content in it becomes your subscriber. Registration details
include name, contact details, company, company size, country/region and
industry.

A key benefit of owning a channel is that you would gain organic audience
from existing BrightTALK viewers browsing the website - there are 300,000
in our IT security community. These users do not need to fill in another
registration form to view content from your channel, since they are already
registered with BrightTALK. We call these "free BrightTALK referrals",
which would typically constitute 20% of your channel's subscribers.

We also discussed summits, which is our monthly IT security event programme
attracting around 3,000 viewers global viewers per month. We would schedule
you into summits at no obligation, which would allow you to further expand
your subscriber base and get exposure to a large number of IT security
professionals. For an example of our most recent summit please see:
https://www.brighttalk.com/summit/hackersandthreats2013

The channel features also allow you to run various reports as we had
discussed on the phone and content can be embedded on external websites.

In exchange, we would ask you to promote content within your channel to
OWASP databases and drive about 50-100 registrants a month.

*Option 2: Ungated partnership*
*
*
For this partnership we would schedule your OWASP content into our existing
BrightTALK channel and make it accessible without requiring any
registration. You would be able to share this content, however you would be
unable to run reports on subscribers or embed on external websites - it
would simply be a platform to make your videos and webinars accessible at
no charge and in an ungated form, but without extra features.

Thanks!
Sarah

--
Executive Director