[Owasp-board] OWASP to hire a FTE conference manager

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Jun 5 23:43:34 UTC 2013

+1

We desperately need a full time conference person in my opinion. The
amount of work and planning it takes to run even one conference is
beyond the work of one full time person. Most conferences have both a
full time *staff* and a pack of volunteers to run similar conferences of
our size.

Also, as Executive Director, I think Sarah needs to have final say in
this matter. If we have budget and can afford it, she should have
autonomy to make the hire choice on her own since she is our unbiased
full time executive director.

- Jim