[Owasp-board] Recording, Report, and Action items from today's Meeting

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Mon Jun 3 16:15:55 UTC 2013


Bil -
Yes - no problem. Done.

Regards,
Sarah


On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Bil Corry <bil.corry at owasp.org> wrote:

> Sarah,****
>
> ** **
>
> Thank you for putting this up so quickly.  Is it possible to add the
> attendees to the meeting page (and those board members that were not in
> attendance)?  And can you make the document “*May 2013 Executive Director
> Report and Recommendations*” publicly viewable?****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks,****
>
> ** **
>
> - Bil****
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:
> owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org] *On Behalf Of *Sarah Baso
> *Sent:* Saturday, June 01, 2013 2:03 AM
> *To:* OWASP Foundation Board List
> *Subject:* [Owasp-board] Recording, Report, and Action items from today's
> Meeting****
>
> ** **
>
> Board Members -****
>
> Thanks to all of you who were able to make the call earlier today and for
> the others, thanks in advance for taking the time to review the recording
> and report from today's call.****
>
> ** **
>
> I created a wiki page with items from today's meeting:
> https://owasp.org/index.php/May_31,_2013  (linked to from the standard
> board meeting page). ****
>
> ** **
>
> I also uploaded the recording to google docs (when Matt uploads to the
> server i will update the link on the meeting wiki page, but this will give
> you access for now).  Link to recording is on the wiki page above.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Here is a link to the report prepared for today's meeting:
> https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1wBmgSFkwS8d3r2xMjqlIMlu2Nf4lLdMeC5QLM6g42zw/edit
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
> Vote Required****
>
> 1. Budget Modifications: ****
>
> Move money ($48,950)from the following items:****
>
> **·         **Extra $18,000 in budget under New hire IT (we are currently
> paying Matt $1000/month and $30,000 was originally allocated)****
>
> **·         **Not currently hiring new Administrative Assistant - $10,000
> Avail****
>
> **·         **Not currently hiring Education Coordinator (Income/Expenses
> will break even)****
>
> **·         **Reducing Staff travel- cut $13,000****
>
> **·         **Extra money in Podcast line item (confirmed with Jim) -
> $2600****
>
> **·         **No more Office Rent - $350****
>
> **·         **Suggested cut Chapter Webinars allocation (no plans
> currently for spending) - $5000, this is a good item for chapters to fund
> themselves****
>
> Allocate $48,950 as follows:****
>
> **·         **19,500 already committed in budget to staff expenses and
> salesforce expense (see report for details)****
>
> **·         **$20,500 for immediate hiring of new conferences manager
> (cost of 6 month salary and benefits)****
>
> **·         **Remaining $8,950 towards hiring a chapter coordinator. Will
> need to "raise" the remaining $11,000 needed for hiring. ****
>
>    - Staff will be coordinating messaging and internal fundraising from
>       chapters to help meet this goal.****
>
> ** **
>
> 2. Signatory Policy: The OWASP Foundation will use the following policy
> when approving financial transactions or entering into contracts or other
> agreements requiring a financial committement by the Foundation, to ensure
> financial transparency and achieve operational independence from board
> members:****
>
> **·         **Financial obligations and transactions up to $10,000 USD -
> single signer (Sarah primary, Kate secondary)****
>
> **·         **Financial obligations and transactions more than $10,00 USD
> and up to $50,000 USD - dual signer (Sarah (Executive Director) and Dave
> (Treasurer), Sarah and Seba (EU))****
>
> **·         **Financial obligations and transactions more than $50,000
> USD - Dual signer (second signer MUST be a board member), and notice given
> to the entire board of directors****
>
> **·         **Dual Signers - If Sarah is not available, 2nd Board member
> can sign in her place****
>
> **·         **Additionally, where the board treasurer is not authorized
> on our European account, the board can assign oversight responsibility for
> our European account to another member. Currently Seba has oversight of our
> European account and accounting practices and will be the second signer for
> European Transactions.****
> ** **Feedback Requested****
>
> **·         **Sarah working with staff to outline by end of Q2 additional
> reports/statistics to include in monthly board report related to
> membership, chapters, projects, conferences, and overall budget. Board
> should send any requests on what they would like to see to Sarah ASAP.****
>
> **·         **Proposed policy to eliminate individual membership split -
> 100% to Foundation. This needs details fleshed out and discussion, but is a
> starting point to raise awareness into the large amount of money that is
> sitting in the chapters and project funds (over $260,000 USD).****
>
> **·         **Read May 2013 Executive Director Report and Recommendations<https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1wBmgSFkwS8d3r2xMjqlIMlu2Nf4lLdMeC5QLM6g42zw/edit>and provide any questions, feedback or issues.
> ****
> Action Required****
>
> In addition to the items in progress by the staff listed in the report:***
> *
>
> **·         **Dave to update access on OWASP Foundation Paypal account -
> Sarah and Kate to be given admin access, Dave and Alison should have
> view-only****
>
> **·         **Seba to add Sarah as approver on ING - European - Checking
> account****
>
> **·         **Tom to follow up with Sarah on request to be removed from
> EU entity paperwork****
>
> **·         **Sarah to provide details on proposal to move US accounts to
> Capital one to Dave for review****
>
> **·         **Sarah to put together charts on where OWASP income comes
> from (ie 40% from appsec conferences, x amount membership)****
>
> ** **
> Pending Board Policy Items****
>
> **1.    **Foundation Corporate Sponsorship & Membership Changes<https://drive.google.com/a/owasp.org/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing>
> ****
>
> **2.    **Project Sponsorship & Branding Recommendations<https://drive.google.com/a/owasp.org/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing>
> ****
>
> **3.    **Proposal to modify Board Election Terms<https://drive.google.com/a/owasp.org/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing>
> ****
>
> **4.    **By-laws motion (Jim) to drop language requiring in-person board
> meeting attendance from section 3.03 - "and shall meet in person at least
> once annually at a date to be announced and agreed upon"****
>
> **5.    **Need to develop a Conflict of Interest Policy (reference:
> http://www.councilofnonprofits.org/conflict-of-interest)****
>
> ** **
>
> For anyone who missed the meeting today that has questions/comments or
> needs clarification, feel free to ping me for a chat.  If anyone who was at
> the meeting today has follow up items, I am available for you too.  There
> is still quite a lot of planning, and more importantly "doing" ahead but
> this is a good starting place for us I think!****
>
> ** **
>
> Regards,****
>
> Sarah Baso****
>
> ** **
>
> -- ****
>
> Executive Director****
>
> OWASP Foundation****
>
> ** **
>
> sarah.baso at owasp.org
> +1.312.869.2779
>
>
>
> ****
>



-- 
Executive Director
OWASP Foundation

sarah.baso at owasp.org
+1.312.869.2779
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/attachments/20130603/f60afc9e/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Owasp-board mailing list