[Owasp-board] Recording, Report, and Action items from today's Meeting

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Sun Jun 2 16:10:32 UTC 2013

Many of the board members are or have been chapter leaders so leading by example is important here.  Many staff have no concept of what it takes to run a chapter+ this is the purpose of the board list discussion.. Hence discuss + talk on the monthly call

 Today there is a split on memberships BOTH individual and corporate

60/40 Split

$50=$20 per chapter
$5000=$2000 per chapter

So from the chapters perspective you have two options

1. Enable local chapters to set there own local membership fee and non-profit incorporate status

2. Change the global percentage 40/60 25/75 or other

Either way the chapters are the local face of owasp in the community and that needs to rewarded and highlighted.  "Elimination" was a poor choice but clearly has gotten the attention look forward to the board call

Chapters can pack up and become joes InfoSec club but that's not what is in the best interest of the community. But this does and will happen with to much micromanagement and those interested in robinhood asset seizure ;) a balance is needed - starts with a telephone call to the chapter to say SPEND IT on the mission <insert spend guidelines>

 Do chapters need there own flags, I got mine.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Donation_Scoreboard