[Owasp-board] Feedblitz

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Mon Jul 22 23:50:20 UTC 2013

Testing is going well. I've uncovered one item we should try and fix.

Here's the raw RSS of the site - http://feeds.feedblitz.com/owasp&x=1

You'll notice the stories are coming from 2 places right now:
1. The owasp blog owasp.blogspot.com
2. My shared RSS stream from theoldreader.com

This works great - the two feeds are spliced together and everyone sees all
the information from the single RSS feedblitz url.

Problem
- Posts that don't include the meta data <author><name> will end up
defaulting to the blog author for the RSS field.
- Theoldereader.com apparently doesn't include this meta data. The default
author for the RSS is Jim Manico. So, any story shared via theoldreader
shows author "Jim Manico". Depending on the software used (example
Thurnderbird) this looks like Jim is sharing everything in the feed.

I haven't found a way to fix this yet. I'd be ok if the author was whoever
shared the story (best cause is the author data from the original story
transfers). But having Jim's name listed everywhere seems not right.

Questions
Jim - any idea how we could change the owasp.blogspot.com to have the
primary author say "OWASP"? I couldn't find an option.

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc