[Owasp-board] Feedblitz

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Fri Jul 19 07:31:09 UTC 2013

Well right on. Perhaps we can support both methods?

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Jul 18, 2013, at 10:56 PM, Michael Coates <michael.coates at owasp.org>
wrote:

Jim,

I tested both methods of submitting.

*Option 1: *Email to special email address for
http://owasp-appsecnews.blogspot.com/2013/07/test-post.html
*Pros*: You can email to the special email address (includes secret token)
and it automatically posts to the blog. Then feedblitz picks up the post
and propogates through the primary OWASP RSS
*Cons*: It's not easy for sharing news stories at all. You have to
construct the entire blog post. This means I have to find a story I like,
copy in the title, the url and the entire contents of the story into the
email
*Multi User Support:* Yes, we can create multiple blog authors who can all
use the email feature

*Option 2: *Use Feedblitz's RSS split to add the "shared rss" from my
account on theoldreader.com. This let's me view any of my rss news streams
in theoldreader and just click "share" on the story. The story goes to my
theoldreader shared rss feed and it is then propagated to feedblitz and
appears in the primary OWASP RSS
*Pros:* Super easy to use. It's the same exact setup as the previous google
reader approach
*Cons*: None that I can think of. I guess we can't add additional
commentary to the shared story, but that's not a big deal
*Multi User Support:* Yes, we can configure multiple RSS splits within
feedblitz. This allows the option 2 setup for multiple approved authors.

In terms of replacing our old google reader approach I think option #2 is
the best idea.

Jim, your other idea about a blog that has news stories and reactions from
owasp'ers is still possible too. We'll just create actual blog posts on
owasp-appsecnews.blogspot.com

Any other thoughts or ideas on above?

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc