[Owasp-board] Executive Director Report & Items for Monday's Board Meeting

Seba seba at owasp.org
Sun Jul 7 17:33:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

I will not make the board call (unexpected family obligations).

If you need a vote from me (don't see such topics in the current agenda), I
can cover this per email

I have blocked agenda / booked travel for the 2 in person meetings at
AppSec Research and AppSec USA.

chapters coordinator:
0) role & responsibility, task descriptions to be defined first?
1) why not cover this with the existing staff: e.g. Kate?
2) if extra staff required: ask the current chapter leaders that have >
$1000 budget if they want to donate part of their budget for this?
general remark: try to optimise current staff/processes instead of adding
people

Black Hat USA: how about also having some project/chapter leaders manning
the booth as "subject matter experts"?

Topic to be discussed in Hamburg meeting:
representation in the OWASP Europe board: how to select replacement for Tom?
I propose to ask the European chapter leaders if they want to be on the
OWASP Europe board (to commit for at least 3 years to have continuity).

Kind regards

Seba