[Owasp-board] ESAPI

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sun Jan 20 20:18:55 UTC 2013

What about funds that are grants for specific projects? How about using
those funds to move projects along?

There is nothing in our bylaws preventing us from paying folks to work on
projects, and we have done it in the past. I agree we need to be careful
about this.

And last, my goal is project integrity. ESAPI is not active but we bill it
as a production ready project. I think we need to EITHER pay someone to
maintain/update it or re-evaluate the projects "release" status.

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Jan 20, 2013, at 2:43 AM, Jason Li <jason.li at owasp.org> wrote:

Agreed that we should focus on achievable, actionable goals rather than
open ended "pay developer $5k to 'work' on the project".

While philosophically, there's some contention about paying leaders, even
back when we DID pay leaders (e.g. Seasons of Code), it was for a specific
action plan.

I don't see how OWASP can ensure it gets some value any other way than to
have some kind of specific goal deliverable - whether it's a feature, bug
fix, etc.

-Jason

Owasp-board at lists.owasp.org