[Owasp-board] FW: OWASP Foundation Budget: Reimbursement Request #206 For Tom Brennan

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Thu Jan 17 05:54:46 UTC 2013

Alison,

I replaced Matt on the template for the reimbursement request, but
neglected to replace him on the budget approval template. I've rectified
this oversight. I've also added Sarah to the various workflow emails.

Tom/Board - the spreadsheet form application was created by me to assist
OWASP in two ways: (1) to simplify and standardize the workflow for Alison
of gathering the necessary details for reimbursement requests (namely
amounts, documentation, budget, etc), and (2) pave the path for an easy
means to provide visibility into expenses that are reimbursed by OWASP (
https://drive.google.com/a/owasp.org/#folders/0B7reZxoHBgYsNzVmZGU2YmUtOTcxZi00MjhmLWI1NzMtMzIxZDA3ZGM0MWZk
).

To provide some history, certain chairs during a previous committee chair
meeting expressed significant concern about the lack of visibility in the
use of OWASP funds for reimbursable expenses. While I personally am not
overly concerned about this particular issue, discussions resulted in
a workflow that provided a means of centralizing expense reports and
allowing folks to see into the expenses.  I volunteered to create this
workflow using a Google form which has been in use since late 2010.

I am CC-ed because I provide occasional support when something in this
workflow goes wrong - it's helpful for debugging purposes if I can see the
original messages.

I am happy to absolve myself of this responsibility if desired.

For goal #1, I'm sure someone can create/maintain an equivalent SalesForce
form that allows file upload for documentation, notifies relevant parties,
and organizes data similarly. Goal #2 requires some additional
consideration.

-Jason