[Owasp-board] Vote by eMail

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon Jan 14 23:17:34 UTC 2013

Are you really suggesting that OWASP turn into Robin Hood and steal from
the chapters that bust their asses to raise funds in order to feed the
chapters who do absolutely nothing outside of holding a meeting every now
and then?  I'm all for the foundation kicking $500 at these stagnant
chapters to see if they can come up with innovative ways to spend it, but I
don't think that we should be taking funds from other chapters to do so
regardless of how long they've been sitting around.  If you're concerned
about stagnant funds, then there are other ways to address those in order
to route them back to the Foundation for re-use, but not without exploring
the rationale with each chapter as to why they aren't spending their
funds.  They could be saving up for something big (a conference?), trying
to keep enough to cover expenses for multiple years, or some other reason.
In any case, contributions from the chapters should always be entirely
optional for this, projects, or any other non-chapter endeavor.

~josh