[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] Vendor Neutrality

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sat Feb 23 18:57:39 UTC 2013

I agree 100% with you and Tom on this
- we need to convert this into a real policy. I'm working on draft 1
of a more prescriptive policy around brand use and vendor relations.
On it.

Now, besides that future policy there is the law of being a 501c3
board member in the US, which is always going to be there regardless
of our policy. Read more on that below. It's a good read and stands
true regardless of our policy.

One thing that is very clear in the law is the fiduciary
responsibility of a non profit board. When a board member acts towards
our volunteer membership in a way is harmful, especially in a way that
financially benefits that board member, this is in #1 core violation
of a non profit board member that can get that member legally removed
from the board.

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode