[Owasp-board] Vendor Neutrality

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Feb 13 23:31:09 UTC 2013

See section 5.02 of the bylaws which state chapter meetings must follow the chapter handbook.

So...

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Foundation_ByLaws#SECTION_5.02_Local_Chapters

Points to....

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook/Chapter_2:_Mandatory_Chapter_Rules#Organize_free_and_open_meetings

Which state that all OWASP Chapter meetings need to be free per our bylaws.

There is also this...

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook/Chapter_2:_Mandatory_Chapter_Rules#Maintain_vendor_neutrality_.28act_independently.29

Which states that vendors need to act independently at chapter meetings and chapter activites.

In my opinion, this kind of activity completely blurs the lines between where OWASP ends and vendors start.

I think we should do (a lot) better. Especially for an event driven by a board member!

- Jim Manico
@Manicode
(808) 652-3805