[Owasp-board] Vendor Neutrality

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Feb 13 22:47:45 UTC 2013

A few folks sent this text my way today. This went out to the NYC chapter list yesterday. What do you think, Board, is this respecting vendor neutrality?

*****

From: Tom Brennan <tomb at owasp.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:56 PM
To: "OWASPNYCMETRO-announce at meetup.com" <OWASPNYCMETRO-announce at meetup.com>
Subject: [OWASPNYCMETRO] NYC March 13th Training

Its coming....INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING IN NYC

Details: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/NYC

As a special introduction to the SpiderLabs instructor led course I would like to extend to you a $500 discount code “TRUSTWAVE_500OFF” to be used during check-out.

Hack Your Own Code: Advanced Training for Developers (2 Day Training Course)
This class provides security developers an exciting chance to hone their programming skills while also learning to exploit common web vulnerabilities.

 For more information on the (3) training classes available visit:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/NYC

Have additional questions?

Call 973-202-0122 to discuss