[Owasp-board] REQ: feedback regarding abuse of OWASP resources by commercial organizations…

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Tue Feb 12 20:46:37 UTC 2013

Dennis;

Would be ideal if you were to provide

1)      A link to this OWASP event for context as all of the regional and global events are here.. nothing today https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_AppSec_Conference

2)      If this is a local chapter… what chapter? – what violations are you concerned with? https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Chapter_Handbook ß the policy

I have been saying for *cough* years now that we need to conduct a SURVEY of all chapters this provides a global heath check and areas of improvements reinforced by such chapter workshops at conferences etc.. when people attend.

1.      Chapters understand there is oversight from OWASP Foundation

2.      Chapters members have a voice and if the membership speaks with consensus of the chapter things will change including revoke of the charter from its then leaders and leadership change.

The good thing is that we are growing… management of that growth is fun and with that we have to help everyone focus on one key principal of the now current organization that has matured since founding in 2001.

Tom Brennan

International Board of Direectors

NYC/NJ Chapter Leader

(t) 973-202-0122

(w)  <http://www.owasp.org> www.owasp.org

Want to help with AppSecUSA 2013? Here is what we need sign up and help out!

 <http://sl.owasp.org/appsecusa13_volunteer_jobs> http://sl.owasp.org/appsecusa13_volunteer_jobs