[Owasp-board] Link from Twitter

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Dec 30 03:09:28 UTC 2013

Yea, I'm going to a huge commercial conference to promote OWASP, not RSA.

And of course I get tangential benefit in terms of self promotion, which is
why I encourage and want to see a group of us on stage. The more smart
folks on stage promoting "open appsec resources and tools" the better.

Anyone else want in?

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Dec 29, 2013, at 2:19 PM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

Personally, while I'm against what RSA did, I'm not sure that pulling out
of the training will do anything other than contradict owasps mission of
making application security more visible.  Regardless of the stage, or the
scene, we can still use it to serve our mission and should push forward
under that ideal.  If anyone questions it (which I doubt they would) I
think we can still stand firmly on the ground by saying we were serving
owasps mission first and foremost which is how it should be.  My $0.02.

~josh