[Owasp-board] 2014 Board Meeting Dates

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Wed Dec 18 18:16:19 UTC 2013

Hi Bil -

To address your questions about the staff - it will not be required for
them to attend the board meetings (Saturday or otherwise). I will be
attending in person or virtually and should be able to represent the staff
and follow up where needed (and will accommodate Saturday or other).

The reason we have had the Board meeting at AppSec EU on Monday but the
conference wasn't until Thursday - is that sometimes board members are
engaged in the training on Tuesday and Wednesday during the day and not
able to attend an all day board meeting, so the Board meeting was scheduled
before the training started.  In US this year the training was Monday and
Tuesday, Conference Wed and Thurs, and then Board meeting was Friday.

My opinion on holding the board meeting during the actual conference - i
would strongly discourage this so that the Board meetings (as well as
me/staff) is engaged in the conference itself, talking to
attendees/sponsors, and for the staff working to ensure the conference (and
all the operations) runs as smoothly as possible.

Regards,
Sarah

--
Executive Director