[Owasp-board] 2014 Board Meeting Dates

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue Dec 17 20:25:18 UTC 2013

Michael,

I understand the requirement and am not debating it nor the merits of
having regular meetings.  In fact, my cause for concern here is to ensure
that everyone (including myself) is able to meet this requirement.  But
holding the new Board accountable to the previous Board's scheduling
desires does not seem like the appropriate way to ensure this.  Hence, my
request to re-organize based on the collective needs and desires of all of
the Board members.  I'm sure that your unanimous vote was appropriate for
those who served before, but it is irrelevant for the new Board.  I'm not
sure what the issue is with me requesting a new vote on the dates that work
best for everyone.  This seems like a fairly simple and benign request to
ensure that everyone can participate to their fullest extent and by
shooting it down it feels like the needs and desires of the new Board
members are being subjugated by those of the old Board members.  If we are
all truly equals here, then trying to find a schedule that works toward
everyone's best interest shouldn't be an issue.  Simply put, I had no say
in the Board schedule previously, but would like to be able to have a voice
in the one that I am required by the Bylaws to uphold.

~josh