[Owasp-board] Whistleblower for 2014

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Mon Dec 16 22:12:31 UTC 2013

To the Board,

I love Jim and would support his appointment 100%.

However, I would like to remind everyone we agreed the following is
conflict of interest:

> From: "Dennis Groves" <dennis.groves at owasp.org>
> Cc: governance at lists.owasp.org
> Subject: Re: [Governance] proposed Whistleblower and Anti-retaliation
> policy
> Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 16:13:40 -0700

> My concern is that it specifies a "chairman of the board" as the
> enforcement point. If the chairman of the board is on the board,
> which is the case by definition - then there is a conflict of
> interest between protection of the board and the OWASP foundation.
> Thus, I recommend that the position of enforcement lie outside of the
> foundation and the board; so that the position may arbitrate in the
> best interest of everybody without any conflicts of interest.

Remember OWASP's brand value is that peopl are able to trust us as
objective precisely due to our neutrality.

Is Jim planning to step down from the board and from OWASP?

I certainly hope not! Jim is a very valuable member of the community
who in fact would be the ideal person to manage the relationship with
the neutral third party!

Cheers,

Dennis