[Owasp-board] Member Nation Portal

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Fri Dec 13 18:37:50 UTC 2013

I looked at the costs, and talked to the vendor, and found overall they were
very supportive of us minimizing costs if we are able to do the work
ourselves.

First off, they are giving us 501c3 customer pricing. That's step one. There
is an est. of $45K in labor to migrate our data from Salesforce over to
their system and get everything set up, but if we identify work we can do on
our own, they are happy for us to do it, and that will reduce this cost.

That said, even if we end up spending the est. costs we break even in year
2, and start saving $ after that, and have a better system with more
capabilities and one system to manage everything, rather than 4-5.

So, I support this change and encourage the rest of the board to do so as
well. And we need to decide quickly to give the staff as much time as
possible to implement this change over.

I vote yes.

-Dave

sarah.baso at owasp.org