[Owasp-board] Funding

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Mon Dec 9 16:41:47 UTC 2013

Yes, this is correct:

Tobias is attending on the Board travel budget and the "official" board
representative (since he lives in APAC). I anticipate he will be holding an
open, town hall style session similar to what we had in Germany for in
person feedback and questions from conference attendees.

The conference planning team has budget for keynotes (in their conference
budget) and after collaborating with their local chapter and planning team,
they asked Laura to reach out to Michael and Dave to attend and give
keynotes.  They could have asked for help in soliciting keynotes that were
not board members, but that is who they chose so we just enabled that
request.

Re: training for conferences - that should be handled through outreach
funds, and requests for funds from that "bucket" in 2014 will be handled
similar to OWASP on the move (expanded program to encourage more education
and outreach outside of the echo chamber).

Sarah

--
Executive Director
OWASP Foundation