[Owasp-board] Funding

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Sun Dec 8 16:57:48 UTC 2013

Let's discuss more on Monday's board call.

A few thoughts:

We have committed each year to having a board member present at our global
appsec events. There are multiple reasons including showing support to the
local group that have worked tirelessly to launch the event, speaking to
the conference about the owasp organization overall, working (in-person)
with local team to further grow owasp and the "bond" across various
geographies, and more. I think this is a good decision and we should
continue this commitment.

Funding trainers for conferences is a separate item. I wouldn't say we've
fully flushed this out into a program that could scales yet (perhaps we
should). So we've looked at for each unique situation to consider the best
plan.

-Michael

--
Michael Coates