[Owasp-board] Funding - board travel budget

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Sat Dec 7 10:55:20 UTC 2013

Hi Sarah, Eoin and board,

small question: are we indeed paying for two board members to fly to Japan?
I thought it was only me because I am in the neighbourhood (HK-Japan is
a very cheap flight).
In general, I think at least one board member per AppSec makes sense, to
give the community direct access and also to show global support.

Proposal:
It would be a good thing to take a look at the list of board travel
expenses of last year and event travel plans for board members for the
coming year. As a team we should coordinate our board related
activities. It also adds to transparency and prioritisation.

Thanks, Tobias

Ps.: on a more provocative side note: we could think about whether we
even want to fund board travel to AppSecs at all. Would this really keep
anyone of us from going to an AppSec? I think this is more a time than a
money issue. Before joining the board we funded our own travel to
AppSecs and there are many great reasons to come to AppSecs, so I would
assume all or most of us will be there anyway.