[Owasp-board] Profit Sharing Policy for Local Events

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu Aug 29 17:50:30 UTC 2013

I support this proposal. Josh had a very solid conference with significant profit before it became an OWASP conference. We are pretty lucky he agreed to make his already success conference OWASP branded. This is also a significant experiment in seeing how a chapter can build serious funds so they can fund a major national-level conference without needing foundation funds or risk.

I would not support this for any OWASP event, but I do think Josh has demonstrated his dedication to his OWASP chapter and spreading the word on AppSec in a fairly independent way.

Josh, since you will be getting additional profit, perhaps you will need less of the full time staff resources?

But yes, I support this.
- Jim