[Owasp-board] OWASP Website Speed

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Wed Aug 21 13:37:15 UTC 2013

Awesome! It seems to be much faster today.

I'm doing a bit of analysis on the home page. Full load time is 9 seconds
but the site is visible much faster (e.g. remaining elements loading in
background).

- Many images are loading in 3000 ms which is very high and odd since the
image sizes are small  ~4k. I'm betting cdn will help a lot here.
- The google calendar takes 3 seconds to load. But it also loads last so
least impact to user. On one hand we could remove to save final load time,
but it may provide value to new people to owasp.

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc