[Owasp-board] Hamburg Meeting

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon Aug 12 16:46:31 UTC 2013

Agree 100% with what Tom said here.  Board talks are boring and forcing
people to sit through a Board Keynote when they could be listening to some
industry luminary is just plain mean.  Carve out one session and if people
want to hear the Board talk about where we are and where we are going, then
they will attend.  No offense, but my guess is that it will be a nearly
empty room.  Not because people don't care about OWASP, but rather, because
people are there to be educated on threats and defenses, not on the state
of the non-profit.  If you do a good job of being open from the beginning,
then everything you say in these sessions will just be repetitive anyway.
My $0.02.

~josh