[Owasp-board] Hamburg Meeting

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Mon Aug 12 15:55:29 UTC 2013

2 cents -- I concur that  2013 Q1 and Q2 by unified agreement and vote radically adjusted the operation of OWASP Foundation globally. This move has allowed us to move away from operational day-to-day tasks FINALLY!   Further, at each of the (4) annual AppSec events for the community to learn about the progress, metrics and updates that are going on we do not need a "board keynote" session rather a session on the schedule that is attended by those that want to understand "where we are… where we are going" and where we need additional firepower.  If a energized member of the board member is in attendance fantastic; the more energy the better!

To the point raised if the OWASP Board should hold "private meetings" I encourage everyone to review as best practice;

- Should the board hold executive sessions
http://www.blueavocado.org/content/should-board-hold-executive-sessions

-Ten Myths About Nonprofit Board
http://www.blueavocado.org/node/663

For all of you that are traveling to Germany, safe travels,  I look forward to seeing everyone via video conference.  The meeting may actually be very quick considering there is no agenda posted @ https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Board_Meetings -- Note that there are many open items from 2013 past meetings that the face-to-face should address as the adhoc agenda

Semper Fi,

Tom Brennan CISSP, C|EH
International Board of Directors
OWASP Foundation
(e) tomb at owasp.org
(t) 973-202-0122
(w) www.owasp.org

Don't miss AppSecUSA 2013 Summit / Conference in Time Square NYC, Nov 18th-21st details: http://www.appsecusa.org

P.S. - The OWASP Mascot "WASPY" was a BIG HIT raising visibility in addition to our energized staff and volunteers in attendance for the mission hope he makes an appearance at OWASP Germany!