[Owasp-board] Hamburg Meeting

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Mon Aug 12 15:29:30 UTC 2013

(So we don't mix topics - this is about our Monday in-person board meeting)

Let me take a moment to expand on why I responded initially.

1. We need a closed section so we can discuss items that need to be
private. One item is our annual or bi-annual review of the executive
director role.
2. We need to be focused in our limited time to reach decisions. I would
agree that if we carve out appropriate time for item #1. Then we could
operate the remainder of the call in a broadcast "listen in" style.
However, I feel we should gather community opinions before the meeting and
use the limited time to have straight forward discussions on each topic.

If we want to have a global town hall where we all discuss topics for 2-4
hours with the community and the board, then let's schedule one. But for
this board in-person I want the speakers to be the board. Transparency -
definitely, let's broadcast what we're saying and publish notes.

Work?

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc

--