[Owasp-board] Items for OWASP Preso

Samantha Groves samantha.groves at owasp.org
Wed Aug 7 23:07:29 UTC 2013

Hello Michael,

Below are a few projects working on great things at the moment. I am
certain Jim can add to this list. This is a good starting point.

- *Development Guide:* Will be participating in the Project Summit at
AppSec USA this year, and are making great progress on Version 3.0.

- *Testing Guide:* Andrew Muller will be participating in the Project
Summit at AppSec USA this year, as well. They are currently managing the
August Sprint for Version 4.0 of the Testing Guide. We worked together to
round up previous and new authors and reviewers to work on the guide. There
is alot of energy behind this project right now.

- *Code Review Guide:* I am sure Eoin can agree that Larry Conklin is doing
an amazing job of keeping this project on track. He holds regular meetings,
and is keeping this project moving forward. He is currently managing author
contributions, and is also attending the Project Summit at AppSec USA.

- *Top Ten:* 2013 Release.

- *Periodic Table of Vulnerabilities:* Project Leader James Landis is
currently seeking feedback to make the project better.
Survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/periodic_table_open_comment_review>.
The project is a great idea overall. His classification of vulnerabilities
based on the most scalable solution has the potential to be incredibly
helpful to many in the future.

- *OWTF Project* - Project Leader Abraham Aranguren has just let me know
that he won the Brucon 5x5
Award<http://blog.brucon.org/2013/02/the-5by5-race-is-on.html>which
gives the OWTF Project
€5,000.00 to be used for project development. He is planning to donate this
to OWASP Projects so he can use these funds to hire 2 students to work on
the project, full time after they finish university.

- O*WASP Xenotix XSS Exploit Framework* - Project Leader Ajin Abraham just
released Version 4.0. He is seeking people to help with his project at the
moment, and is an active speaker in the Asia Pacific region for both OWASP
and Xenotix XSS.

- *Cheat Sheets* - Of course. Awesome Project.

Gosh, there is so much. Sorry to bombard you, Michael. Ok, one more...

- *Google Summer of Code Funded Projects* - Below is a breakdown of
successfully funded projects.

*Projects breakdown:
*
- 4 ZAP Projects: $2,000.00
- 4 OWTF Projects: $2,000.00
- 1 PHP Security Project: $500
- 1 Hackademics Project: $500
- 1 Modsecurity Project: $500

Fabio Cerullo coordinated all of this so big thanks to him for his hard
work.

I am not sure what you are specifically looking for, but I hope this is a
good starting point. Let me know if you need more information, Michael.

Sam G.

--

*Samantha Groves, MBA*****

*OWASP Projects Manager*